Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yard Sale, Too much work!







Don't let anyone ever tell you a yard sale is easy... I remember years ago enjoying an occassional yard sale, but I have just had my last one.....a lot of work, for very little return. I would rather take the donation allowance on my tax return. I had a few things saved up for the sale, but had a lot of stuff from brother Mel and a girlfriend. We each made a little money, and the Salvation Army received a truck load donation. All Done! One unsaleable item was Mel's old lawnmower, it showed up here without even a handle, but Doug had one made by a buddy and now it is sitting at Mel's store ready to sell at top $$$$. The best part of the day was when our friends called and said they were bringing stuff for a barbque over for dinner. Yes, we had the enjoyment of friends, and didn't have to provide a thing....maybe a few dirty glasses and silverware....it was great. Now I have my spare bedroom back and Doug has his garage back, so from here on out it is charity for my "stuff".....

1 comment:

Sara Jones said...

Liberty Lake just had their community yard sale this week. About 300 homes officially participated with many more jumping in. I agree with you though, I skip having a yard sale and just go shopping for other people's junk! :-)

Maybe you can buy yourself a good bottle of wine with your proceeds.