Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's a Beautiful September Day!

Wow! I wish I could bottle up and save days like today.... winter is just around the corner, but it seems we have a few more nice days to enjoy. Spent today painting our deck...yes it is hard work, but it was nice to FINALLY get to spend a day with my husband...I have been a "paint widow" lately with all his painting jobs he's been doing...So what do we do today, but paint. He is such a hard worker! After a very productive day we went on a cruise in the Mustang to a great 50's hamburger joint (Sonic Drive in)...Had a great burger and fries... A little side trip home took us to the main Tualatin Hills Parks and Rec District complex (Doug's employer)... I had never walked the sports complex and surrounding grounds...so he took me on the 50 cent tour. It was a lovely evening and we had a wonderful time... A new week begins tomorrow... We have a fun weekend planned for next weekend. We are driving to Pasco to spend the night with Jason and his family and then onto a Mustang Car Show on Sunday in Patterson, WA (Columbia Crest Winery) along the Columbia River...Should be a GREAT weekend. I'll share pictures next week!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hi Diane, this is Julie. So is Doug available to do any painting in Yakima? He'd like spending a few vacation days doing that wouldn't he? Wayne and I are painting the outside of our house and I'd rather be dropped naked into a tribe of cannibals with a sign on my back that says "fork tender" than paint and I think I enjoy it more than Wayne. We painted for 3 hours yesterday and our throats are still sore from all the whining. There's not a worse job in the world as far as I'm concerned!